It takes a quick research online to find out all the benefits of using turmeric on your skin and only a few tries of a turmeric mask to see a difference on it!
Turmeric is good for oily skin because it helps regulate the production of sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands. I have been using this mask for a few weeks now, and I can see some difference so I thought to share it with you all.
What Are The Benefits of Turmeric for Skin?
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory anti-microbial, and antioxidant effects.
- Turmeric has been reported to help with eczema, psoriasis, acne, and wound healing.
- Turmeric contains the antioxidant curcumin, which is also anti-inflammatory and can lighten pigmentation.
- It helps heal and prevent dry skin.
- Turmeric slows the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple, and improve skin’s elasticity.
Only downside of using Turmeric?
Pretty much everything will be stained: from your fingers to your face, but a proper face wash with lukewarm water followed by a toner will help get rid of all the yellow!
What is My Go-To Turmeric Face Mask?
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon honey
- some drops of lemon
Mix these 3 ingredients together until they form a paste, or add some more lemon to reach your preferred consistency. I made a quick video to show you how I do it and how I like it!
You can also add water instead of lemon if you want, the main ingredients here are turmeric and honey!
If it were up to me I’d pick a homemade mask over a bought one, but more often than not a proper treatment is needed so please consult your dermatologist at all times.
How Often Can You Use A Turmeric Mask?
A turmeric mask can be used up to two to three times a week. Please don’t leave it longer than 7 minutes on your face though, I never left it on for a longer time because I know that it stains the face, so don’t risk it!
Happy skincare! ❤